Tuesday 26 October 2010

Pollycraft Challenge A sketch by Marit

Good Morning all!!

I have a confession to make...
I TOTALLY forgot to post my card for the new Pollycraft Challenge !!! (blush)
here it is... better late than never!

The fabulous Marit has created a sketch for us....
now I Love you Marit... but really... what were you thinking?!?!?

I have to say... this one threw me... while I can appreciate its an amazing sketch... I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I was going to do with it!!
There are only so many image combinations that would work... and as the rest of the girls were showing theirs... it became apparent my options were running out!!

So I had to think about ways I could 'cheat'...
how could I get 2 images in.... without 'actually' using images....LOL!!
And HERE is what I came up with...
The '18' is handcut from my 'cheat'... I've printed lots of litte cupcakes from the yummy wishes kit... to create a sort of backing paper...
So In effect I have used images in both the little boxes (pokes tongue out!!)
The larger cupcake is the same one from the kit coloured with promarkers...
The papers are crate paper 'orbit'
The sentiment is from the critters and cogs clear stamp set
The pearls are from my stash...

I've handwritten little tabs that spell 'Adam' as this card is for my lil bro...who becomes a proper grown up in a couple of weeks!!
WOW seems like only yesterday we were making him put a bucket on his head and spin round till he was dizzy... and then watching him walk into things... LOL!!
oh...wait a minute...it was!!

Well thats me for today!!
hope to be back soon with some fun sneek peeks...

Paula xxx

6 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Too cute...love the template!

Dorte said...

You did a great job.
hugs Dorte

ribenaruby said...

Fantastic! Love the idea behind your card, fabby.

Sue said...

Fabby.

Lynne Armstrong said...

Very clever Paula :) This one has me completely stumped!! Hopefully I get a brilliant idea for this sketch in time to make something for the challenge lol. Love your card...I'm sure your brother will love it too :)
Hugs xx

Poppet said...

Great card Paula, you have rocked the sketch, it will work with any double figures. Fantastic. :-) xx